Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Packing...

This week has presented an interesting predicament for me;  my desire to depart has been steadily growing, but my motivation to do anything, like pack, has fallen off a cliff and died.  In addition, my friends and classmates are leaving left and right, which is not necessarily sad, but has definitely brought the reality of leaving to my door.

I have now helped two of my closest friends pack up their belongings and load up their cars, experiences which were sad, hard, and mildly stressful, as they brought upon me the realization that my life the way I know it is going to end on August 29th.  And while this might seem to be a piece of motivation, so far, it has been the opposite, as I am now despairing over the idea that I have to pack my life into two suitcases.  I mean, I'm not a materialistic person, I don't mind not having things around me, but the idea that many of the objects which describe me or meaningful to me can be put into a box is repulsive.  Its an issue of perspective, the idea that the things we choose to symbolize us when we're not around can be reduced to a box in the attic or a suitcase or two.

So, for whatever reason, these sentiments have been barring me from making any progress on packing outside of a packing list, which I even refrained from until outside pressures made me cy excitement rising, that I can and will do SOMETHING today about packing.  It will be sad, but I can do it.  Besides, if I can't PACK, how will I ever survive the next 4 years?  Well, thank you my friends who have shown me perspective and now strength, I've got to get to my suitcases now.

No comments:

Post a Comment